Editor’s Note: While this article is geared to staging a home for sale, each idea that resonates with you can be incorporated into your space to enjoy and lovingly embrace.
Create a Tranquil Space that speaks to buyers desire to retreat, relax and yes inspire, “Love, Marriage and Relationship” gua.
If you take the time to invest in the essentials to evoke a sense of “Peace, Love, and Grooviness” Buyers will respond to the energy of your intentions. Most people desire to be in a healthy, unconditional relationship. Those that are in relationship’s often yearn for ways to keep the fire burning, while those that aren’t may dream of what the ideal relationships looks like. Too often we are too busy to pay attention to our surroundings to realize how those surroundings mirror our current life situations.
Individuals, who are happy in their relationships, generally make wise life choices. Let’s create an environment the will move buyers forward in their future investment.
Emotions Sell. You touch the ♥. You fill the need. You sign the Deed. 1,2,3. I’ll show you the way.
1. Create a space that inspires Rest and Relaxation.
2. Accentuate the square footage of the room by editing all large, dressers, bureaus and amours, from the room. Limited square footage can be a make or break a situation when deciding on the purchase of a home. Make the most of every inch.
3. Clean and replace dated carpeting and flooring.
4. Install a closet organizer, organize all clothing, keep socks and lingerie in cloth, wicker or plastic baskets. You will be amazed at how much can be stored in the cubic space when organized. Buyers WILL pay a premium for good storage space. So please don’t underestimate the value of even the tiniest of closets.
5. Edit any clothing and linen items that have not been worn or used in the past 6 months to a year. You are moving forward, active the intention of doing so by packing and storing all seasonal clothing.
6. Edit all family, sport, animal artwork from the walls.
7. Paint the walls a warm flesh tone, (all ethnicity colours are appropriate).
8. Clean and keep curtain and blinds open. Generally most viewings will take place during the day. Natural sunlight effortlessly enhances a well-designed room.
9. Replace all dated ceiling light fixtures.
10. Create a sense of opulence by layering the bed in beautiful, luxurious plain, neutral linens. Introduce a couple of coordinating accent pillows.
11. Flank each side of the bed with matching end tables and lamps. This illustrates equality in relationships. This will not only send a subliminal message to the buyers but will enhance the dynamics in your own relationship.
12. Create a focal point by hanging canvas stretched artwork depicting still life, such as two flowers, or a tranquil landscape over the bed. Avoid large wood or metal framed pictures; these are generally heavy with sharp “Sha Chi” corners. Canvas stretched artwork is lighter in nature and usually have slightly rounded edges.
13. Introduce life to the room by placing a beautiful silk flower arrangement or potted orchid on the either of the bedside tables.
Remember your initial intention, pay attention to the details.
Photo Source: Bridget Saraka
Retreat, Relax, Inspire The rest will take care of itself. You touch the ♥. You fill the need. You sign the deed of sale.
by Bridget Saraka, Red Ribbon Professional member of the International Feng Shui Guild
The International Feng Shui Guild does not represent or endorse the views or beliefs of its individual members as expressed herein, nor does it represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any of the recommendations, advertisements, quality of any products, information, or other materials displayed, purchased or obtained as a result of any information in this publication. The IFSG serves as a reference and source for our members and the public.