It’s back-to-school time. Get back into learning by activating your knowledge and self-cultivation gua!
The self-knowledge area in the front left corner of the home (facing it from the outside) deepens clarity and insight about life purpose. If balanced, its energy allows for wisdom and insight to flow into life. It also encourages contemplation, which is vital in today’s hectic world. The element of this area is Earth since it brings nourishment as well as grounding into our lives. A specific symbol is mountain as a place where people have been going for ages to still their minds and seek wisdom.
Some easy ways to enhance this gua include:
- Remove all clutter from the desk (living room), closet and dresser (bedroom). Things you do not use reduce your clarity in life and might create stagnation or even blockages.
- Install a wall light above the desk. Lights are great energizers both in reality as well as symbolically.
- Place a fresh planted orchid in a blue pot – a fresh plant brings new vitality and chi into this area. An orchid in particular with its rich blossoms symbolically represents rich and blossoming wisdom and insight. A blue color is associated with the Self-Knowledge and if possible should be prominent in this area.
- Display a few inspirational books on a desk – books are great symbols of wisdom. Preferably, display only books which are personally meaningful to you and which you regularly read and/or refer to.
- Display photo(s) of a wise person in a blue frame – typical wise people displayed are Buddha, Dalai Lama, Gandhi, motivational speakers as well as grandparents. Ideally on a desk or above the desk.
- Display artwork showing an image of a beach and/or water lily – the beach is a symbol of a quiet place and water lilies represent awakening wisdom. Both of these images are great for Self-Knowledge Area.
Blanka Vun Kannon is an Advanced Practitioner of Interior Alignment® the Feng Shui and Space Clearing School founded by Denise Linn. She is owner of Blanka Vun Kannon Feng Shui and founded The School of Harmony in her home country of Czech Republic. Read more about Blanka.