The main entrance of a home is not just a means of entering the house. It is considered to be the ‘gateway that leads to victory and abundance in life. The main entrance is one of the most important areas of one’s home – it is an entry point to the Qi flowing into the house, also called Qi mouth.
Our homes may have multiple entrances apart from our front door. There might be the door of a garage, a back door, and/or a side door. While it isn’t ‘wrong’ to have more than one entrance, what matters is what we use the most. We don’t want the energy to get confused. So we focus on one single entry. For good feng shui it is also important to know the direction or facing of the front door; because each entry point has a different energy, influencing the house and people living in it.
We all want to gather the auspicious Qi coming into the house. Therefore, here, you will find tips to help you create good feng shui in your main entry.
- First, look at the forms. Do you have good soft flowing water or virtual water (roadways) near the door for the house to collect the Qi?
- How are the mountain ranges?
- How are your surroundings? Are they peaceful?
- Check for any poison arrows; if you do have any, try to block them.
- Check for any T or Y junctions and even scissor Sha. There are various methods to block this kind of Sha.
- Rather than having a straight walkway to the house, it’s advisable to have a meandering walkway.
How are the trees and plants in front of your door? Ensure they are not blocking the entrance door. For that instance, make sure nothing is blocking the entrance, be it a tree, lamppost, or a pillar.
- Make sure your door is visible from the road.
- It’s good to have a nice Ming Tan or bright hall in front of the house for the energy to be collected.
- It would help if you took care of the front door’s appearance and functioning of your home. Also, make sure that you clean the front door every once in a while and replace the worn-out entrance mat.
- According to the direction of your entrance door, you can pick the perfect color for the main door based on the location and the Flying Stars.
- Your entrance door should not be too big or too small. It should be according to the size of the home.
- As soon as you enter the house through that door, it should open up to ample space; you can opt for a rug to help define the home’s entrance. Make sure there are no poison arrows or blockages as soon as you enter.
- Cramped spaces, blocked entrances, dustbins, or dying plants at the doorway are not encouraged.
- Create a space where the energies are allowed to flow freely throughout the home. You must remove all those extra objects from the entrance of your home and make it more inviting for the energies that you wish to enter, just like we want to join a house that feels welcoming.
These are few tips on how to bring abundance into your life regularly:
- Open the front door imagining the positive energy flowing in, and leave it open for a few minutes.
- Clean your entrance door with some soapy water, salt, and orange essential oil.
- Decorate the entrance of the house; make it inviting but don’t overdo it.