As old as Feng Shui is (thousands of years), consultants today are finding new and interesting ways to bring modern connections to this ancient art. Through technology advancements and understanding a changing climate, consultants who used to go to a client’s workspace or home, are now using online technology to share their knowledge and help their clients co-create their Feng Shui havens.
As more consultants offer virtual contact + more clients receptive to the idea given that they are working and learning from home more and more – there are added questions about how can this work.
Why consider a virtual consultation?
Are you looking for ideas to refresh or redecorate your home? As you spend more time in your home, maybe you have noticed that there are areas that feel cluttered and stagnant. Maybe the paint color on the walls feels drab and you notice the furniture worn. Something feels off, but you do not know how to fix it.
Making your home more comfortable can really help during uncertain times, especially if you are suddenly working from home and trying to find that new routine.
Long time Feng Shui professional and designer, Julie Ann Segal of Metro Interiors, has created a list of tips to help get you thinking about your space as well as your goals and thoughts for your life.
- Make a list of each room in your home. Make notes for each room on what does not feel right as well as what does. What pieces are most important to you?
- Is there a room that is being neglected? What type of space can you transform it into, for example, turning an unused bedroom into a craft room that will inspire you to create?
- Write down your favorite colors.
- Look through magazines to get ideas on how you want your space to feel.
“What you have in your home creates your story. I want you to surround yourself with what you love – to be able to express yourself and live in comfort.” ~~Julie Ann
Julie Ann also has developed an opportunity of working with a client in specifically one room called “The Inside Story: One Room Virtual Interior Design Video.” This smaller package allows clients who might be on the fence about Feng Shui – or on a limited budget – to access the gifts and benefits of Feng Shui before doing their wholespace.
Here’s how it works:
- You provide photos of all angles of your room, along with any documentation that could help better understand your needs (blueprints, furniture pieces, etc).
- Fill out her in-house style quiz.
- Julie Ann will send you an 8-12-minute video with expert interior design and Feng Shui tips for your room. Video allows you to see color suggestions and design advice live in action.
“With an online [virtual consultation] you can easily have a room of your dreams, even when you’re stuck at home.”
Interior Designer, Feng Shui consultant, and President of Metro Interiors, Julie Ann is renowned for her deep commitment to providing clients with state of the art design. Always on the cutting edge, Julie Ann’s dynamic approach utilizes all resources within reach. Read more about Julie Ann. Go to her website at: Metro Interiors.