Using the art and science of Feng Shui Placement, we can do a lot to enhance our homes, our lives. Using furnishings made from non-toxic, natural materials, along with a balance of the 5 Elements (Fire, Metal, Water, Wood and Earth), we surround ourselves with some of the ingredients which create pleasing, healthy and harmonious spaces. Find out how indoor plants can bring an important benefit to your chi – the best kind of chi or essential chi to your life! From Alisa Rose Seidlitz
An essential ingredient in making your home a beautiful, soul nourishing and physically healthy place, which supports and enhances your overall well-being (the very definition of good Feng Shui!), the addition of indoor plants is quick and easy!
- Plants are our elders here on planet Earth. Humans evolved outdoors surrounded by plants, and we thrive when they accompany us inside. A space without plants can feel dull and flat, while their presence lifts our spirits. Plus, plants carry the best kind of chi because they are alive! Being alive, houseplants bring the energy of Nature to us directly. As a part of Nature ourselves, we resonant with them, and their living chi enlivens our own.
- They give us the precious gift of oxygen as they absorb the CO2 which we breathe out. Many houseplants purify air by also absorbing various chemicals such formaldehyde and benzene, commonly found in many home furnishings, paper and cleaning products, books and more.
- Because we evolved surrounded by green plants, their color has a calmly energizing and uplifting effect. Houseplants come in lots of shades of green, along with other color variations such as burgandy, too.
- Tall houseplants and those with large, wide or thick leaves, or with long, narrow leaves, bring in the energy of dynamic Yang Wood Element. Those with small, rounded or feathery leaves bring the soft and gentle energy of Yin Wood.
- Super hardy, most need little care. A bit of water, some light, and our loving gaze, go a long way.
A few easy-care houseplants, all able to thrive with low light and little water, which also clean the air are Peace Lily, Ficus, Jade Plant, Spider Plant, Boston Fern, Rubber Plant and Heart-Leaf Philodendron.
We practice the art of Feng Shui in order to feel our best. Including houseplants is essential because they help us feel at home!
Alisa Rose Seidlitz is a longtime Ecological Garden Designer, Certified Green Building Professional, GreenAP for Interiors, Graceful Lifestyles Certified Interior Re-Designer, Flower Essence and Reiki Practitioner.