These days I find that the hardest thing to correct in a couple’s bedroom is the multitude of tasks such as watching TV, reading a book, exercising and laptoping (yes I’m making up a new word here but isn’t it fitting wink wink). All these tasks take away from the main focus that a bedroom is intended for and that is passion and rest….ONLY! Read more about the bedroom and how to get it back to it’s intended purpose of romance by Frankie Jackson.
The modern day multitasking bedroom has taken its toll on our health as well as our relationships. Funny how we wouldn’t go to the kitchen table to sleep but we’ll bring the kitchen table to the bedroom with our snacks and drinks! Then we wonder why we toss and turn all night so we take a pill to help us sleep which helps in the beginning but it starts to work against us after a while which makes us irritable which makes us to start biting the heads off our loved ones just because they left their shoes in the hallway…whew…sound familiar?
Feng Shui is all about proper placement so let’s take all those electrical items out of our bedrooms and let’s start electrifying our romance relationships! Here are some tips to start with:
- To return the focus to your relationship, remove the TV, books and or laptops. If you just can’t bear to remove the TV at a minimum place a blue cloth over it but it would be best to unplug it from the wall whenever you are not using it.
- To turn up the passion flame, remove any harsh lighting and add candles instead.
- To improve that connection between you and your significant other make sure there are paired items in your room and if you have a bed with the two separate box springs cover it with a red sheet or piece of fabric…heck throw on some red sheets for the entire bed to add some heat to your relationship but beware…you might not want to keep them on all the time or you’ll never get any sleep!
- To only have eyes for you make sure you only have pictures of the two of you in the bedroom so no pictures of the kiddos, other relatives or deities.
- To improve your position make sure your bed is not in the path of your bedroom door and its best if your headboard is on a solid wall. Want to get a little creative…put your bed in the creative section of your bedroom! The creative section of any room or home is the middle right quadrant if you were to section your room/home off like a tic-tac-toe game – your door is the starting point.
- To improve the feel of things make sure nightwear and bedding is soft, comfortable and fresh and clean.
You can get results with these Feng Shui tips, some are instant and some may take a bit; but either way what do you have to loose when there is so much to gain in romance from making what seems like simple but very literal changes?
Frankie Jackson became a certified practitioner in 2011; then started her own Feng Shui business of consulting called Silver Leaf Feng Shui. She practices the Black Sect school of Feng Shui mixed with Building Biology and a lot of Organization. Read more about Frankie.